Elder Masse Baptism Sept 2014

Elder Masse Baptism Sept 2014

Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014- Getting Robbed - I didn't tell mom for obvious reasons..., Happy Birthday Sister Bailey

Hey Dad,

It's been an okay week. There were some ups and some downs but that is pretty normal, however there was one thing that I didn't tell Mom for obvious reasons. I know you will tell her, but I didn't want her to freak out. Ha ha. Anyways, here it goes.

So Friday morning I wake up at 6:00, hop in the shower, and I am dressed and ready to go by 6:30. Before leaving my room I grabbed my shaver, my pen, and my journal, because I use every scrap of time I have to claw my way through my journal entries. I am honestly very looking forward to not writing volumes upon volumes of words everday.
It takes so much time...

Well, I grab my journal and my pen and my shaver and I head out into the living room and notice an unusual amount of light pouring in from somewhere. As soon as I stepped into the room I could sense something was wrong and immediately my eyes were drawn to the corner of the room where an extra door and gate, (that we never use), to the house were wide open for the first time since I had been there. I knew something was wrong and it didn't take me long to figure out we had been robbed.

I immediately looked at the couch to my left and saw that my backpack, my blue and black Dakine one, was no where in sight, and immediately after that I did a 180 and looked into the hallway and saw that all the money on the table was gone.

I was shocked.  I was upset that my backpack had been stolen mostly because of all the adventures I had had with it. It went up Helens, I took it to France, I took it hiking up some slot Canyons in Utah, it went to Africa, and it was going to go to Hawaii too. But it was gone.

All in all we gathered that they had taken only about 300 - 400 dollars worth of stuff which was fortunate actually. And not to mention, if the thieves actually knew what they were doing they would have made off with a lot more, but alas, I am thankful.

They ran off with about 60,000 francs, which is $120, give or take, my backpack, Elder Tripps suitcase which had a bunch of clothes in it, they took a pair of my work jeans, (Lol), my Gerber Leatherman, a DVD player, a small radio, our companionship phone, (which honestly was probably one of the worst losses), and that was it, if I remember correctly.

It could have been much much worse. I managed to save my drivers license which I found with my wallet in the inside of the gated area of our house. If they had searched a little more they would have found my camera, my watch, more cash, and all my memory cards since the beginning of my mission. We were fine though.

We chained the gate down so that they couldn't break in again, they cemented the bottom, because honestly the house has way to many doors. There are five ways to get in and out of the house. Anyways then after they they put six bolts on the door to protect the inside as well. I think it's good now. I have taken some extra precautions now and chain the front door every night, make sure every door in the house is locked, and not to mention, there are more than 30 doors in the house, African design for you so keep that in mind.  Anyways, we were fine, everything they took is replaceable so all is well. I decided to give Elder Tripp one of my suitcases and all my clothes when I leave so no big deal. It's honestly awesome to be rid of all of it. Ha ha.

So that was my week. All is well though. We were protected, and I don't think they will be getting in anytime soon. The apartment is pretty secure now so I am not worried.

Well that is about all I got. I will talk to you soon. Or better yet, see you soon. Only three p-days left. I will see ya when I see ya.

Love you Dad.

Love Elder Masse

Dearest Mother,

The week has gone quickly and time is running out unfortunately. It's so hard
not to think about going home while I am just sitting there making
dinner, or cleaning dishes, or brushing my teeth, or writing in my
journal and it just gets worse as I write a new date in my journal
everyday and it seems like I am writing a new date every five minutes.

I haven't packed yet
and I don't plan on it until my last day. I honestly haven't thought
about it too much, but my goal is honestly to get rid of everything. I
just don't want to have to deal with so much weight and junk. But I will see what happens when the time comes.

The week went pretty great and everything seems to be going pretty
well. We had a baptism on Saturday for a man named C. and he was
confirmed on Sunday and he even testified as well. I thought that was
really cool. He has a good testimony of the Gospel and he is doing
great. We should see him on Wednesday and Friday so that will be fun.

The week was fine, but it was utter chaos honestly.

I have three weeks left, give or take, according to my calendar. The
week of the 29th will be the week I go home so it will be really
really short. It's weird to think that I will be flying in a bunch of
airplanes soon. It should be exciting. I am excited to be honest but I
will miss my mission.

Well, I guess that is about all I got. I will email three more times
and I will be home. I imagine I won't write anything on that last
Monday, but we will see what happens. Who knows.

And that was my week. Looks like you and Dad have been really busy and
you both seem really exhausted. Ha ha. All is well though. I love you.
I will see you soon.

Until next time,

Love Elder Massé

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.