Elder Masse Baptism Sept 2014

Elder Masse Baptism Sept 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25, 2014 - Elder Nkulu from Lubumbashi DRC, Service Project, Tranfers, Beach, Found a giant onion in the ocean, Went to a Wedding Anniversary Party,

Comp: Elder Nkulu
Area: Pointe Noire, Congo

Dearest Mother,
The week has gone okay but it was mostly due to being so busy with activities, service projects, and transfers. I didn't get to teach as much as I would have liked to, but it's all good. Next week will be better.
My new companion, my 11th companion to put the record straight, not counting MTC because my companion didn't come to my mission, is named Elder Nkulu and he is from Lubumbashi in the DRC. He is nice and I told him that we would work really hard until the end of my mission.
The week was crazy.
Monday we had P-day and we got tranfer letters.

Tuesday Elder Tweneboah and I worked all day long.

Wednesday I was with the Baileys all day long because of transfers and because I didn't have a companion. It ended up being fine because I just spent a bunch of time talking and hanging out with the Baileys while waiting for my companions eventual two hour flight delay. The flight was scheduled to get here at 4:15. He left Brazza at 4:45. We didn't see him until 6:45. Africa.
Anyways, I talked with Elder Bailey and we had a great time. After that we ate dinner at a small restaurant and headed home for the night.
Thursday we had to finish a PMG evaluation that no one else finished except me so we didn't finish weekly planning or really study because we had to go into the city to finish it at cyber. Then we headed back and taught for the rest of the day.
Friday was normal.
Saturday we went to the beach and had a service project. It was probably the funnest service project of my life. We just walked around the beach without our shoes on picking up trash and talking about life. I had some fun times with Garland and Sperry so that's what we did. We walked along the beach to rendezvous with the other members doing the project and on the way we found a squid, a beautiful fish that I wanted to keep and eat, and two large onions - one which I kept and later cleaned, chopped up, and put on our pizza last night that we ate. Ha ha. It was one of the biggest onions I have ever seen. So that was probably the funniest thing.

I found a giant onion in the ocean, saved it, took it home, cleaned it, chopped it, and put it on a pizza that I later ate. Awesome. I found an apple too. Ha ha.
Following that we went to a wedding anniversary party that some recent converts invited us to for their parents. It was really fun and we ate some really great African food. Oh I love African food.
Sunday we went to church and going home really hit me hard when I realized I could count on one hand how many Sundays I had left. And I don't really want to talk about it honestly. Blew my mind. And it's just scary. It's probably a good thing I don't have my flight plans yet. Ha ha.

Anyways, it was a really stressful week but it was fine. I am a pretty seasoned missionary so it's normal for me now. I just go with the flow and do what needs to happen.
And that was my week!
I love you guys and hope everything is going well. I will see you soon.

Love Elder Massé

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.